You are visitor number
Thanks for stopping by!
This site is hosted by 1&1
- 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry
- One of the first official Black units in the United States
92nd Infantry Division (Wikipedia)
92nd Infantry Division (LoneSentry.com)
93rd Infantry Division (Wikipedia)
- 761st Tank Battalion (Black Panther Tank Battalion)
African Americans in the Civil War (CWSS)
- Approximately 180,000 African Americans comprising 163
units served in the Union Army during the Civil War, and
18,000 more served in the Union Navy.
African-Americans Continue Tradition of Distinguished Service
African American Civil War Memorial Freedom Foundation and Museum
- The first and only National Memorial and Museum for United
States Colored Troops (USCT) in the Civil War.
African Americans in the Military (About.com)
African American Military History
African American Military Personel (Wikipedia)
African American Sailors in the Union Navy (CWSS)
- A searchable database of Black Sailors in the Civil War.
The database was compiled as a part of a Howard University
research project and is maintained at the National Park
Service Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (CWSS) website.
African Americans in the United States Coast Guard
African Americans in World War II
- Photographs of African Americans in World War II shown in
the Ken Burns, PBS Documentary on the War.
African American Warriors
- The Alcan Highway
- World War II, 1942-1943, the Canadian Wilderness.
10,607 U.S. soldiers built a road 1,522 miles long in 8 months.
3,695 of these soldiers were Black soldiers from the
93rd, 94th, 95th, 97th, and 388th Engineer General
Black History in the in the United States Military (Wikipedia)
The Black Patriots Foundation
Benjamin O. Davis, Sr. (Wikipedia)
- The first African-American general in the United States Army
Benjamin O. Davis, Jr. (Wikipedia)
- The first African-American general in the United States Air Force
- Buffalo Soldiers
- African American Soldiers in American History
The Civil Rights Struggle, African-American GIs, and Germany
- An investigation of the role that African-American GIs played in carrying the civil rights movement to Germany,
which was host to the largest contingent of U.S. troops deployed outside the U.S.
Daniel "Chappie" James Jr. (Wikipedia)
- The first African-American to reach the rank of four-star general (United States Air Force)
Fort Des Moines Museum and Education Center
- The museum and education center honors the U.S. Army's first officer candidate class for African American men in 1917, and the establishment of the first Women's Army Auxiliary Corps (WAAC's) in 1942.
- The Harlem Hellfighters
- Louisiana Native Guard
- The first black soldiers in the Union Army during the Civil War.
Military History of African Americans (Wikipedia)
MilitaryMakers (The HistoryMakers)
- MilitaryMakers have taken on the responsibility of defending and providing security to our country through their military service.
- The Montford Point Marines
- The 51st and 52nd Defense Battalions were the first African Americans to serve in the United States Marine Corps.
The National Association of Black Military Women
Navy Ships Named in Honor of African Americans
- It took more than 168 years after the Continental Congress
authorized the first ship of a new Navy for the United
Colonies on Oct. 13, 1775, before a ship was named for an
- The Red Ball Express
Timeline of Events for African Americans in the U.S. Army
- Throughout America’s history, from the Battle of Lexington to the Battle for Fallujah, black Soldiers have honorably answered the call to duty, serving with great valor and distinction in America’s armed forces.
- The Triple Nickles
- The 555th Parachute Infantry Battalion (1944-1947) -
The first black paratroopers, trained to fight the enemy.
Instead, they put out fires.
- The Tuskegee Airmen
- United States Colored Troops (USCT)
- The USS Mason
U.S. Wereth Memorial
- A tribute to eleven WW II G.I.s of the 333rd U.S. Field Artillery Battalion and to all black American soldiers who served during World War II.
- Other history related resource pages on this Web site:
- Black History
- General topics on African-American history.
- Black Inventors, Scientists and Technologists
- A tribute to men and women technologists of color, past and present.
Updated August 19, 2017
Donald L. Hinson, Jr.