You are visitor number
Thanks for stopping by!
This site is hosted by 1&1
African American Civil War Memorial and Museum
- The first and only National Memorial and Museum for United
States Colored Troops (USCT) in the Civil War.
The African American Museum in Philadelphia
America I AM: The African American Imprint
- A traveling exhibit featuring a collection of historically
significant African American documents and artifacts, music,
and cultural memorabilia that highlight every period of U.S. history.
American Jazz Museum (at 18th and Vine)
- Dedicated to the memory of the nameless and unremembered men
and women whose daring, endurance, and commitment to African
American self-sufficiency made 18th and Vine the vibrant center
of jazz, swing and Bebop in Kansas City and the world.
The Anacostia Museum (Washington, DC)
Association of African-American Museums (AAAM)
- A non-profit membership organization serving the interests and
needs of black museums and cultural institutions, and black
museum professionals throughout the nation.
Birmingham Civil Rights Institute (Birmingham, Alabama)
Black American West Museum (Denver, CO)
Black Museums in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean
Dallas African American Museum
- Preserving and Sharing a Legacy
DuSable Museum of African American History (Chicago, Illinois)
Freedomís Sisters (Traveling Exhibit)
- 20 African American women, from key 19th-century historical figures to contemporary leaders, who have fought for equality for all Americans. A traveling exhibition from the Smithsonian Institute.
Jim Crow Museum
- Promoting racial tolerance by helping people understand historical and
contemporary expressions of intolerance.
Louis Armstrong House Museum (Corona, New York)
The Museum of African American History (Detroit, Michigan)
Museum of the African Diaspora (MoAD) (San Francisco, California)
- Connecting all people through the art, culture and history of the African Diaspora.
Museums of the African Diaspora (BlackPast.org)
Museum of Afro-American History Boston
Museum of our African Roots (San Juan, Puerto Rico)
- In Old San Juan Puerto Rico, El Museo de Nuestra Raiz Africana
is a museum dedicated to the history and culture of Afro-Puerto Ricans.
National Civil Rights Museum (Memphis, Tennessee)
The National Jazz Museum in Harlem (New York, NY)
- Bringing the joy of jazz to any and all curious people.
National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC) (Washington, DC)
- The National Museum of African American History and Culture, Smithsonian Institution,
is scheduled to open on the National Mall in 2015.
National Museum of African Art (Washington, DC)
- The National Museum of African Art, Smithsonian Institution,
features African art from antiquity to the present.
The National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
- The Center educates the public about the historic struggle to
abolish human enslavement and secure freedom for all people.
The Freedom Center teaches lessons of courage and cooperation
from Underground Railroad history to promote collaborative
learning, dialogue and action in order to inspire today's
The Negro Leagues Baseball Museum (at 18th and Vine)
- Dedicated to preserving the rich history of African-American Baseball.
The Reginald F. Lewis Museum of Maryland African American History
- Dedicated to sharing the courageous journeys toward freedom and
self-determination made by African American Marylanders.
River Road African American Museum (Donaldsonville, Louisiana)
Stax Museum of American Soul Music (Memphis, Tennessee)
- American soul music roots and cultural heritage is promoted and preserved
in at the Stax Museum Memphis, TN. Find exhibits, photos, records, video
footage and merchandise of Southern, gospel, blues and neo soul artists
and music legends at the original site of Stax Records Studios in the
heart of Soulsville USA.
Studio Museum Harlem (New York, NY)
The African-American Research Library and Cultural Center (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
Renaissance Cultural Center (Ft. Worth, TX)
Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
(New York Public Library)
South Dallas Cultural Center (Dallas, TX)
The African Burial Ground
- Commemorating the Colonial African Heritage
The Kunta Kinte-Alex Haley Memorial (Annapolis, MD)
Robert Gould Shaw and the 54th Regiment Memorial (Boston, MA)
Updated October 23, 2013
Donald L. Hinson, Jr.